The Secret Chocolatier hosts a variety of events throughout the year. See what is coming up and if you have interest in joining us.
A small business, a family
Our venture started in 2008 at Charlotte area farmers markets. Read and explore our tales, sometimes cautionary, sometimes exhilarating, as we’ve grown from an early idea to something great.
Sharing is caring
We are asked for recipes or ideas for ingredient usage all the time. Let us share some of what we do, what we are learning or exploring with you. If you have a culinary confectionary question we’d love to hear it!
We put our heart into everything
Our small business depends on it. We hope you enjoy what you find here and if we can be of any assistance in your journey, stocking your shelves, or enriching your business please reach out to us.
The American chocolate market is growing by leaps and bounds and we hope to share some of the greatness coming out it by sampling those we stock, those people are curious of, and even those beyond people bring our way.
Interact with a timeline of the finding and subsequent expansion of chocolate across the world.
It’s great to have a string of love from our backyard, North Carolina. North Carolina Chocolatiers by Our State North Carolina is gaining on a lot of great craft creations….
Did you know Chef Bill was known as the Muffin Man once? It feels like a long time ago but he ran a small bakery called Mostly Muffins and made some…
2014 was crazy. Crazy all over the place. We had some crazy good times, crazy bad times, and somehow I think we’re all ok. –let me check– toes, fingers, smile–…
We love being someones gift. It brings happiness to the person opening it and the giver can feel good about what they are giving. During the Fall I talk to…
The Secret Chocolatier is a bridge of old world skills, new world flavors, and bound together with an assortment of technology. We’re a modern contraption run by family and great…
Given a bar of Camel Milk, Milk Chocolate from Al Nassma The Secret Chocolatier’s Andy had to put it through the paces.
We recently had a visit by our friend Lowe from ChocoFiles. The man has reviewed and tasted more chocolate than maybe anyone, so when it comes to his recommendations I…
October is the month of Caramel thanks to the National Confectioners Association and The Secret Chocolatier has what you need. First a quick dive, caramel–it can be soft, tacky, runny, buttery,…
Recently I was asked to share our easy chocolate fudge recipe for an upcoming magazine article. I thought sure, then paused.. well we haven’t made that in a while so…
Recent Twitter Conversations
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate What are you getting your Mom for Mother's Day? #MothersDay http://t.co/qgMHgd8Sl1 8 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Jenny Brantley @brntlyjnny @secretchocolate team offering Mommy & Me #cake making #classes 5/15 & 16. Perfect #gift idea for #MothersDay! #clt http://t.co/aw52dAOqm1 6 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate @zzwhitejd Aww.. My heart goes out to you. 💝 Because my espresso cannot. Hope you've been doing well! We should plan a Spring Picnic. :D 6 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Jenny Raymond @zzwhitejd @secretchocolate me. Do you deliver? I need an espresso machine, it seems. 6 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate Maybe this weekend was filled with too much. Maybe it's pollens revenge. Either way, a quad shot is getting us moving! Anyone else? 6 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate Terroir http://t.co/Y8SonI6oSs #consistent 6 hours ago
- Open in Twitter PWAP @PursesWAP @secretchocolate almost as perfect as the timeless PB&J combo! #perfectpairings 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate New spot to get your chocolate and coffee! Biscotti, brownie pops, pretzels, espresso bark… http://t.co/sKuqShEa1E http://t.co/465Bf0A7cV 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter Inspiracija @Citati_Knjige RT @BobBurg: @secretchocolate @SCOREpeoria @ClikWiz @Citati_Knjige @SteveEanes @salesprocentral @OneDeskApp VERY Thankful for your kind re… 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Bob Burg @BobBurg @secretchocolate @SCOREpeoria @ClikWiz @Citati_Knjige @SteveEanes @salesprocentral @OneDeskApp VERY Thankful for your kind retweets! 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate RT @SCOREMentors: Believe in yourself and all that you can offer, advice from @BobBurg @MassMutual #BizTipThursday http://t.co/e3OWJ6kYBe 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Secret Chocolatier @secretchocolate Phew.. If we keep making up new treats I'm going to need a new belt. Almost time to invite our tasters. Muhaha! 4 days ago